Monday, 19 March 2018

BN Hot Topic: Sexual Activity in the #BBNaija House, Setting a Bad Example or Keeping it Real?

You’ve probably gotten the broadcast on your WhatsApp, or have seen people complain on your social media timeline: BBNaija is promoting immorality.
So far, two “couples” have been suspected to have engaged in sexual intercourse in the BBNaija house: Miracle & Nina, and Teddy A & Bambam.
Besides the sex though, there have been several instances of people making out, be it in a game of Truth or Dare, or an outpouring of affection.
The question is: do you think all of it amounts to a promotion of “immorality,” as some people complain it is? Or is it just the housemates keeping it real as whatever is happening in the house a reflection of our society as it really is?
Let us know in the comment section.
Read More »

Runtown sued by Record Label over Breach of Contract

or the second time in 2 years, Eric Many, the record label that signed Nigerian pop star, Runtown has filed an injunction at a Federal High court against the singer for breach of contract.
According to a mail sent by Eric Many to BellaNaija, the entertainment company served Runtown the court papers with Suit No: FHC/L/CS/267/2018 a few days back with a statement that partly reads:
Runtown has been deliberately breaching his contract with us (Eric Many) for a while and despite our many appeals to him he has refused to bulge. He went for a show in Las Vegas since January 13th, 2018 and has since decided to withdraw all obligations of his contract. He has steadily been recording an album without the consent and approval of his record label.
According to the statement of claim filed at the Federal High Court by Eric Many:
A Recording Agreement was made between the Plaintiff and the Defendant dated 22nd June 2016, the copyright and other intellectual property and cognate rights and legal positions and protections applicable to all works done by the Defendant during an initial period of two years covered by the Agreement, is vested in the Plaintiff. The Plaintiff will rely on a copy of the said Recording Agreement at trial. 7. Under the Agreement, parties recognize and acknowledge the sum of N114,456,670.00 (One Hundred and Fourteen Million, Four Hundredand Fifty Six Thousand,Six Hundred and Seventy Naira) as “Prior Investment”, representing the sum invested by the Plaintiff into the development of the Defendant’s musical works and records under the defunct ‘Artiste Agreement’, precursor to the ‘Recording Agreement”.
In a press statement issued Monday morning, the label also stated that:
He’s recording with artists like Del B without the written approval of the label and without an Eric Many appointee at the point of recording as agreed in our contract. Runtown has also been appearing in venues and collecting appearance fees without the approval of the label and also performing in private shows without the label’s consent which contravenes clause 4.4.1 of his record deal which states that ‘the Defendant(Runtown) can only engage in recording, collaborating or performing with other artistes for third parties or other record companies upon proper notification in advance to the Plaintiff. Upon this notification, the Plaintiff would then enter into an agreement with the collaborating artiste or his record company to ensure that the Plaintiff and the Defendant receive proper credit, legal/copyright protection and compensation for the collaborative work.
Though Runtown’s record deal with Eric Many is due to expire at some point this year, the label says he still owes the company a lot of money including:
Hundreds of millions in Naira from the Lamborghini Gallardo super-fast car which he still has to pay back to the label and and also an album that must be released through the right channels. He has been doing numerous collaborations with several artists without getting the written approval of the label and as a result, no royalties have come back to the label from any of these collaborations. He has been warned severally about this on numerous occasions but he refused to listen, so we as the label had to go to court to stop him from these dubious actions.
The label also confirms sacking his current manager, Ifeanyi Nwunne saying:
Eric Many has also fired Ifeanyi Nwunne as Runtown’s manager. He is more of a drug addict that smokes marijuana round the clock. A new manager will be appointed soonest.
Eric Many in its statement of claim is seeking the sum of:
N65 MILLION being General Damages against the Defendant (Runtown) in favour of the Plaintiff for infringement of the Plaintiff’s copyright to the collaborative musical works “Call Me” and “Weekend” both of which featured the Defendant as well as N5 MILLION as costs of this action.
Eric Many has chosen to hold back on anything pertaining to Runtown, till further investigations. This means that anyone who engages Runtown without a written approval from Eric Many, signed by the chairman, will be sued heavily.
This will be the second time in two years that Runtown has had a face off with his label. In May 2016, he was sued by Eric Many on allegations that he signs up, concludes and attends musical shows without the knowledge of the label. Back then, Eric Many also secured a court injunction stopping Runtown from performing as an artiste anywhere in the world. He later went back to the label to apologize and the case was settled out of court.
Photo Credit: @runtown
Read More »

Nigerian international drug kingpin arrested in India

The Bangalore unit of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has arrested a 41-year-old Nigerian national who is believed to be the head of the supply chain of illegal drugs in India.
The accused, John Somadina aka was arrested last week on the basis of a tip off from the Ahmedabad bureau. He has been handed over the Ahmedabad NCB.
It was gathered that Somadina, was a pan-India supplier of illegal drugs such as cocaine, heroin, amphetamine, etc.
He coordinated with the drug cartel that was involved in smuggling illegal drugs from South America and Africa into the country.
The modus operandi of the criminal was to illegally bring Illegal drugs into the country and then to the smaller cities such as Ahmedabad, Baroda, etc.
His carriers will then supply the illegal drugs in small quantities to bigger cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Bangalore, among others.
“Most of the people who act as carriers in this crime are citizens of Nigeria, Kenya, Venezuela, Vietnam, Columbia and Brazil. And they are mostly drug addicts themselves. There also appointed several people from the North East as carriers. At least 12 of the carriers were apprehended by the NCB from different cities. The carriers would work for them for free supply of drugs,” shared Hari Om Gandhi, Zonal Director, NCB.
Investigation revealed that Somadina was involved in at least 12 cases of illegal drug supply and smuggling.
Investigators said he was also in touch with the international drug cartels in South America, which made it easier to smuggle illegal drugs into the country with the help of carriers.
It was also suspected that he was running a country-wide racket in 2014. The Ahmedabad NCB has been granted three-day judicial custody of the accused.
Source: DNA

Read More »

Pro boxer jailed after he's revealed as heroin and cocaine smuggling gang chief days before maiden TV fight

Undefeated professional boxer Anthony Leak has been jailed for over 11 years after being unmasked as a drugs kingpin, as originally reported by the Manchester Evening News.
Leak was due to fight his maiden televised bout on the undercard of Terry Flanagan vs Petr Petrov at the Manchester Arena in April last year.
But was caught by police as being the leader of a heroin and cocaine smuggling gang peddling almost three quarters of a million pounds worth of drugs.
The 27-year-old, from Openshaw, who had won his first three pro fights, was caged for 11 years and four months.
Six other men were jailed for a total of more than 32 years.
They were caught after police launched a wide ranging probe into the dealing of class A drugs across Greater Manchester, named Operation Segma.
Manchester Crown Court heard how between November 2016 and March last year, police discovered more than four kilograms of cocaine and other class A drugs including heroin following four warrants.
The drugs seized had an estimated street value of £726,000, and officers also found a gun and ammunition.
Read More »

Nigerian man shares his testimony after escaping death in accident

Facebook user, Igwenwokeoma survived an accident involving a bus belonging to Peace Mass Transit in Saturday.
Sharing photos from the scene of the accident, he wrote:
"If all my body should turn to mouth,it will not be enough to praise God.
Satan wanted to terminate my life yesterday via accident but God assured me that untimely death is not my portion. Not even a scratch on my body. To God be the glory"

Read More »

Monday, 22 January 2018

Cardi B defends Fiancé, Offset, over homophobic lyric controversy

Rap Queen, Cardi B, whose Fiancé, Offset, was called out by the LGBT community for rapping the line “Pinky ring crystal clear, 40k spent on a private Lear/60k solitaire/I cannot vibe with queers” in his verse on rapper YFN Lucci’s song, ‘Boss Life’has defended her boyfriend’s alleged homophobic lyric.
Though Offset who is part of the Migos crew apologized on his social media page, saying he never meant to diss the community as he is for all people living their true lives, however members of the LGBT community turned down his apology and continued slamming him, even when he shared a screenshot of the dictionary definition of ‘queer’, saying he wasn’t using the word as a homophobic slur.
Cardi B who defended Offset in a video, said that she asked Offset about the lyric when people began calling him out on social media, and he said that he didn’t know that the word had homophobic implications.

“I’m not going to let somebody call him ‘homophobic’ when I know that he’s not,” she said on Periscope. “And I’m saying this because I seen him around these … around gays, and he treats them with the same respect he treats everybody. He never acts uncomfortable and he just don’t care.”
She went on to add, that “queer” has a “different vocabulary on the dictionary”, and continued, saying, “Now, that’s a word that you guys say that it’s a bad word for gays — I never even heard that word in the first place. Why don’t y’all educate people about it? A lot of people are not aware about what’s wrong or right in the LGBT community. Why don’t we do things to educate instead of bashing and trying to label something that they not?” she said.
Watch video:  

Read More »

Is #FuelScarcity our new year goal? Nigerians lament as fuel queues return

Once again, Niigerians are faced with the hardship of fuel scarcity that suddenly surfaced during the weekend with long queues all over the city.

So far no explanation or possible solution has been offered by the government and Nigerians are lamenting on social media.

Read More »

Diezani in trouble again as EFCC uncover $1.3b withdrawal from NNPC accounts

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) detectives have just uncovered the withdrawal of $1.3billion from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), ostensibly to fight kidnapping and other security threats in the Niger Delta.
The withdrawal was neither authorised by the National Assembly nor the Federal Executive Council (FEC).
The former Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, is also believed to be unaware of the deductions from the NNPC accounts.
The ex-Minister only relied on a memo from ex-President Goodluck Jonathan without recourse to the board of the NNPC.
A former Group Executive Director, Finance and Accounts of NNPC, Mr. Bernard Otti, has been quizzed by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) detectives.
Otti is said to have also made available to the EFCC some documents, including approvals to withdraw the $1.3billion by Mrs Alison-Madueke.
In two other instances, Jonathan wrote on two other requests mandating the former minister to take part of the cash from either NNPC Security Vote Account or from the “Gas Fund”.
According to sources, EFCC operatives were almost closing up the probe of the ex-Minister when the withdrawal of the $1.3billion was uncovered.
About $1.4billion was requested by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) via three memos, for “Intervention for Urgent National Security Projects.”
About $1.3billion was released from NNPC accounts but it was unclear what became of the $100million balance as at press time.
ONSA had requested for $1.4billion between March 27, 2014 and May 5, 2014 when approval was given and cash backed.
About three memos were sent to ex-President Jonathan on March 27, 2014, 31st March 2014 and May 5, 2014.
In the first memo, of March 27th, 2014, the former National Security Adviser, Mr. Sambo Dasuki, requested for $1billion to fight kidnapping, crude oil theft and petroleum pipeline vandalism.
The memo to Jonathan, which was titled “Request for intervention for urgent National Security Projects”, said:
“Your Excellency, apart from the insurgency in the Northeast, the country is also contending with some other security challenges, such as crude oil theft, sea piracy, kidnapping as well as petroleum pipeline vandalism.
“These challenges have greatly affected revenue profile of the nation and our international image.
“Our gas pipeline network has also come under serious threat as the scourge of vandalism has spread to the gas sector.
Apart from the volatility of gas and its potential for collateral damage, especially environmental degradation, shortage of gas will constitute a serious setback to Government’s power generation efforts.
“Additionally, Mr. President had promised during the 30th meeting of NEPAD Heads of State and Governments Orientation Committee that the Trans-Saharan Pipeline Project from Nigeria to Algeria will be completed in 2015. The security of the Nigerian end of this pipeline network is critical to the success and smooth running of this gas project.
“Further to Mr. President’s support so far in our fight against terrorism, there is urgent need to raise our intelligence gathering efforts to more strategic levels.
“It is therefore pertinent that a holistic approach is applied to solving these challenges highlighted above. To ameliorate the above mentioned challenges, some reputable companies have been identified to provide the following:
(a) An integrated maritime domain awareness platform that can be integrated into enforcement platform of the Navy and other agencies to help check crude oil theft, sea piracy and kidnapping as well as Offshore pipeline vandalism.
(b) An Onshore petroleum and gas pipeline surveillance and monitoring solution.
(c) Unmanned aerial platforms for strategic intelligence gathering.
(d) Mobile radars for aerial coverage by the Nigerian Air Force
(5) In view of the foregoing, Mr. President is kindly requested to approve the provision of $1billion intervention funds to enable the urgent provision of the above-mentioned services. Please accept, Your Excellency, the assurances of my highest esteem.

In his response, the ex-President directed as follows: “Please, release US$200m only from NNPC Security Vote.”
A highly-placed source in EFCC, who spoke in confidence, said:
“Investigation so far confirmed the withdrawal of the $1.3billion from some accounts of the NNPC abroad. But there are sufficient clues of suspected money laundering by the ex-Ministers of Petroleum Resources and some government agencies who used ONSA as a platform.
“There is no evidence of projects executed with the cash. Instead, some of the cash were wired into a few banks by these individuals.
“We have also grilled a former Group Executive Director, Finance and Accounts of NNPC, Mr. Bernard Otti who has cooperated with our investigators by making necessary documents available. We will keep you posted on this case.”

Read More »

''President Buhari is healthy enough to seek re-election in 2019'' Femi Adesina

Special Assistant to President Buhari on media and publicityFemi Adesina, says President Buhari is medically fit to contest the 2019 presidential poll. Speaking to state house correspondents over the weekend, he said President Buhari is presently in a better state of health than he was when he contested in 2015. He said though the president was yet to decide on whether to re-contest or not, his health would never be an issue as he had been improving tremendously since his return from medical vacation last year.
Yes, health is wealth. The president is not a frivolous person. If he thinks that his health cannot carry anything, he will not do it. So, of course, his health will matter a lot. It will be very important but we need to give glory to God for the way he is now. Every day you see the president you see a glow about him, you see freshness about him. I think he’s even in a better state than when he came in 2015. It’s all to the glory of God. So, once he assesses that his health can carry it, there’s nothing wrong if he steps into the fray. But he has the final decision.’’ he said
Read More »

Sunday, 21 January 2018

Nigerian man accuses his wife of getting married to him with a pregnancy that belongs to her ex-boyfriend

A Nigerian man, Abogoh Luckyo, has taken to his Facebook page to express his sadness after he discovered that the pregnancy his wife who he got married to in December last year is carrying belongs to her ex-boyfriend. According to him, the parents of his wife were in the know and they deceived him into marryng their daughter. He shared screenshots allegedly of his wife and her ex-boyfriend discussing about her unborn child. Read his posts and the screenshots of the chats he shared below

Read More »
Designed by Martins Okpa